Perfect your game
If you’ve clicked into this tab then chances are you’re an athlete looking to improve their performance OR you’re a parent looking to enroll your child into our Athlete Development Program. Either way, let us shed some light on this service offered at the StrongHouse. Our FIT Nation Athlete Development Program is spearheaded by our Senior Coach, Gavin Khangura. After studying kinesiology at SFU while being involved in soccer for most of his life
he made the decision to specialize in working with athletes by completing his CSCS designation and becoming a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
In this program the prime focus is to:
- Learn optimal movement patterning in order to transfer into gameplay
- Understand correct mechanics behind foundational exercises
- Improve speed and agility
- Improve gait mechanics
- Increase confidence
- Reduce propensity for injury
- Increase strength, power and force production
What is an athlete development program?
An athlete development program is a system specifically designed to help athletes reach their full potential. The program should take into account the athlete’s current level of development, as well as their long-term goals. It should also be customized to the individual athlete’s needs to maximize their results.
A well-designed athlete development program will include various elements, all of which work together to help the athlete improve. These elements may include strength and conditioning training, technical and tactical training, mental training, and recovery and injury prevention.
What are some areas of athletic development?
There are many different areas of athletic development, but some of the most important ones include:
- Strength and conditioning – This is perhaps the most essential element of any athlete development program. A good strength and conditioning program will help athletes build the necessary strength, power, and endurance to improve performance.
- Technical and tactical training – athletes need to execute their skills flawlessly to be successful. Technical and tactical training helps them learn and perfect the techniques they need to be successful.
- Mental training – This is another vital element of any athlete development program. Mental training helps athletes develop the focus and discipline they need to be successful.
- Recovery and injury prevention – These are two elements that go hand-in-hand. Recovery is essential for athletes to perform at their best, and injury prevention helps them stay healthy and avoid any setbacks.
To learn more about our athlete development programs, please contact us. We would be happy to discuss your specific needs and goals and help you design a program that is right for you. We service the greater Surrey, BC area, including Langley, Richmond, BC, Vancouver, Burnaby, and beyond.
What our members say
The coaches at Fit Nation are simply the best! Ben has guided and helped me through my journey to a healthier lifestyle; and provided the right stretches to work out my knee issues. I highly recommended the gym, as they become more than your coaches, they become family.
Joining Fit Nation was the best decision I made in 2019. Thier team members are great to work with. They have passion for what they do and keep everyone so motivated. I highly recommend them to anyone who seriously want to improve their mental and physical health.
Fit Nation has been an incredible motivator for me to get into shape. I have been going to the gym for a long time but the team here can push you to do your best. Gavin has been training me for over a month and I feel stronger already, can’t wait for many more sessions!